Our brokerage and the insurance industry have a solid track record of respecting your right to privacy and safeguarding your personal information. As a result of federal legislation, we’ve further strengthened our privacy commitment by informing you of why and how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
Personal Information Collected
Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following personal information about you including:
- Basic information such as your name, address, etc.
- Claims history
- Credit and past payment records
- Driver’s record
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
Why do we collect personal information?
When you first become a client or whenever you acquire or renew a product from us, we need to collect some of your personal information. Common purposes for which we collect your personal information are to:
- Enable us to acquire or renew an insurance policy for you
- Assess your need for other products, such as financial products, and to offer them to you
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
For many of the purposes identified above, we will need to share your personal information with others in order to serve your needs. These other parties commonly include:
- Insurance companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Credit organizations and Financial Institutions
- Professionals working with us such as adjusters or lawyers
How we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and right to privacy, we will:
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those that we identify to you
- Keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law
Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
There are circumstances where collection, use or disclosure may be justified or permitted, or where we are obliged to disclose Personal Information without your consent.